LA Express Park Updates Parking Meter Rates on June 12th

LA Express Park™ Updates Parking Meter Rates on June 12, 2017.

LA Express Park™, a smart-parking program from the City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT), is updating parking meter rates to 19 blocks in Downtown L.A to improve parking management.

Wireless sensors continue to track Downtown street parking activity around the clock. Using these data, parking meter rates will be adjusted on the first Monday of June 2017 to better match the price of parking to the demand on each block and each side of the street. The overall goal of the LA Express Park™ program is to improve parking availability and reduce the time spent hunting for parking in order to cut down on traffic congestion and pollution in Downtown L.A.

On Monday, June 12th, LADOT will update parking meter rates throughout Downtown to 19 blocks. Overall, the average hourly rate in the project area will decrease from $5/hour to $4/hour. The average hourly rate will decrease at 2% of the spaces in the project area, the remaining 98% of spaces will have no rate change.

Parking meters with time-of-day rates have different hourly rates matching the parking demand in the morning, midday, evenings and weekends. The parking meter or pay station screen will show the current rates that apply on the day and times you are parking. And don’t worry; the meter will do the math for you if your parking spans different rate periods, so you will always know how much time you are buying.

Rate maps showing the hourly rates during each period can be downloaded from

On the website, you will also find a real-time parking map and links to smartphone apps that help you find current rates and open parking spaces and even let you pay for your meter remotely. Explore the website to learn more about the LA Express Park™ program and find out how you can “save time, park smarter” in Downtown L.A.